Riverside Software Development
Located in the beautiful Seacoast region of New Hampshire, RSD designs and develops custom and spec business software solutions for small to medium sized business under thematic divisions: Business Operations Solutions,
and Trader Tools.
RSD does select consulting and contract assignments in the areas of: business process analysis, requirements gathering, analysis, design and development for either a new application, or for project enhancements to an existing application.
Our expertise is in developing small and enterprise level browser based business applications in the Java programming language using J2EE technologies.
We are experts in Object Oriented Analysis and Design, User Requirements Gathering, and Full Project Life Cycle Analysis, Design, and Development.
Founder Peter Rose also teaches software development principals and coding through his firm,
Too often we find very talented technologists who really do not understand business process, and solid Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) principals. It is for this reason that RSD can mentor either experienced engineers as well as folks new to software development.
- Airline flight reservations and booking systems
- Warehouse operations
- Asset management
- Product distribution
- Transportation operations systems analysis
- Internet based inter client messaging design analysis
- Multi-channel retail product production and assortment planning
- eCommerce business modeling and systems design
- User interface design, modeling, and prototyping for client-server and web based systems
- Product content administration
- Web based marketing systems design
- User interface navigation and page presentation design
- Informational content web page/site development
- Back office product analysis and internal administration systems
- Parking ticket administration, tracking, and reporting system
- Business activity summary report analysis
- Commodity and stock price behavior modeling and analysis development
- Real estate broker activity application
- Trading/Exchange Floor operations software
- Mortgage brokerage operations and loan tracking
- Financial data collection and analysis
- Recruiting industry productivity enhancement software applications
- Order entry and inventory control tracking
- Complex product parts configuration and pricing analysis
- Credit union back end transaction fulfillment
- Municipal government operations software
- Translating and rewriting established applications from one language to another
- Remote sales force client administration
- Membership administration applications
Founder Peter Rose received his B.S. Degree in Physics from Eastern Illinois University in Charleston, IL in 1972. He began graduate school in physics at The University of New Hampshire in Durham, NH that Fall.
However, it wasn't long before his entrepreneurial spirit overcame him, and he opened The Rose School of Karate in Portsmouth, NH, a passion he continues to this day at the
Grandmaster level, and head of the C&S Self Defense Association, a collection of 14 independent martial arts clubs around the United States.
He also began a successful career in real estate investing and finance, obtaining N.H. Real Estate Broker License (which he continues to hold in inactive status), N.H. First Mortgage Broker License, N.H. Second Mortgage Broker License, Maine Arranger of Credit License, as well as Health and Life Insurance licenses and tax advantaged investments as a Tax and Estate Planning Consultant.
In 1982, in a chance encounter with the owner of a startup software development firm in Portsmouth, NH, he was asked to come on board as a business applications programmer, working in translating dBase II code into the
C programming language.
Over the next 30 years, Peter did full analysis, design, and development of business applications solutions in over 25 diverse problem domains.
Since 2001 he has specialized in enterprise level applications for both back office intranet solutions, and internet ecommerce and informational systems.
After the 2008 recession finally caught him in a reduction in force in 2012 from his job as a Senior Business Applications Developer with The Department of Navy, NAVSEA, Peter took some time off to get his real estate portfolio in order, get caught up reading several dozen books that had backed up on him, continued work on the development of two different web based business productivity applications on spec, and continued development of a personal Java/Swing based FOREX market analysis and simulated trading application.
Because the economy had been so devastated by the recession, Peter decided that he would combine his search for work in the commercial sector with that of bringing Riverside Software Development to the public.
Peter is available for short or long term commutable consulting/contract engagements. The following is a snap short of his areas of expertise and practice.
- Senior Java/J2EE Programmer/Analyst specializing in web based business applications.
- Solid analytical, programmatic, organizational, and communication skills.
- 1972: B.S. Physics, Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Illinois.
- 1995, 2008, 2014: U.S. Department of Defense Secret level Security Clearance.
Java/J2EE, Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Agile Methodologies and Test Driven Development, JSP, Servlets, J2EE frameworks (Struts 1.39, Struts 2.3, intro to Spring 3.5), Tomcat, Design Patterns, requirements gathering and analysis, Use Cases, project specifications/plans and user documentation.
Two versions of my full technical resume: synopsis
, and detailed
. Additional writing on various Object Oriented software engineering principals
Other interests include: sailing, reading, programming, business, writing, cooking, FOREX foreign currency trading, backgammon, history, philosophy, psychology, meditation, and science.
Peter is a skilled educator and mentor. He knows how to present complex topics in a manner that a student can not only relate to, but immediately implement in their own work.
"My Tutorial Experience: Great
I had an incredible experience with Mr. Rose Mr. Rose is an industry professional that has a plethora of professional software development skills. I was able to make a connection to the lessons that I have previously taken from other teachers and the books that I have read that left me "fuzzy." However after working with him for ONE DAY, I now have a crystallized understanding of Java Programming. There is no other way to describe his teaching talents other than by saying he has a very unique and special way of galvanizing the software industry and the student's individual desire to obtain success. I recommend him to anyone who is interested in seriously pursuing Java Programming as a career.
Henry, 2 lessons with Peter "
I am happy with the Java lesson and look forward to future lessons. After 1 lesson. I feel I have a better grasp on what I want to do.
William, 5 lessons with Peter "